Bond Between A Teacher And A Child!
“A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning” – Brad Henry
The best teacher-student example is that of Dronacharya and Arjuna. Drona’s teaching and Arjuna’s dedication are the epitome for a student-teacher relationship. Dronacharya, the guru saw the talent in Arjuna and moulded him to be the best archer amongst all.
A teacher is a source of information, is a motivator, a helper, a guide, a member, a friend – all at the same time.
Teachers have a great impact on the lives of a child. Teaching is a challenging job and teachers do it with passion and full dedication. A teacher’s hard work is directly proportional to students work.
Effective Teachers can provide –
- Stimulating environment
- Diagnosis of weaknesses
- Encouragement and emotional support
- Knowledge and skills
- Guidance towards “the next step”
- Teamwork opportunities and support
- Passion for learning
- Hands-On learning
As Parents, we can support the teacher by doing the following:
- Have Trust in your teacher and the schools process of teaching
- Trust your childs ability to learn
- Value and appreciate your childs progress no matter how slow
- Advocate your child if he/she has a learning difficulty
- Provide a suitable learning atmosphere
- Realise your child is different from the other child and hence learning process will also be different.
Last, but not the least “always be there for your kid”